Become the Nonprofit Funding Expert in Your Organisation
Visitors to Foundation Center’s Funding Information Network (FIN) at the GCSP gain access to a wealth of information on grants and grantmakers around the world, plus training on how to use this information - all at no charge.
FIN offers electronic and print resources—databases, directories, and other publications—as well as workshops and programs for local nonprofits.
• Foundation Directory Online Professional, most comprehensive database of all U.S. grantmakers and millions of their grants
• Proposal-writing guides with step-by-step instructions and examples of successful proposals
• Foundation Maps, a data visualization platform that brings to life data about global philanthropy through extensive mapping, charting, and analytic capabilities
• Research reports on trends and patterns of giving by U.S. foundations
• Free workshops and orientations on how to effectively use these resources and identify potential funders
• Conduct research on potential funders for my nonprofit
• Attend workshops to learn how to approach funders and write grant proposals
• See on maps who’s getting and giving grants
• Stay up-to-date on funding trends
Established in 1956 and today supported by close to 550 foundations, Foundation Center is the leading source of information about philanthropy worldwide. Through data, analysis, and training, it connects people who want to change the world to the resources they need to succeed. Foundation Center maintains the most comprehensive database on U.S. and, increasingly, global grantmakers and their grants—a robust, accessible knowledge bank for the sector. It also operates research, education, and training programs designed to advance knowledge of philanthropy at every level. Thousands of people gain access to Foundation Center’s free and affordable resources at its website, in its five regional library/learning centers, and through its Funding Information Network.