From 4-15 December, the GCSP has the pleasure of hosting a delegation of ten diplomats from Cameroon. An excellent group of young diplomats, equal in male and female participants, are attending a course on good governance and migration (Cours sur la bonne gouvernance et la migration pour diplomates camerounais), organized by the GCSP in cooperation with the State Secretariat for Migration. The delegation is spending two weeks in Geneva visiting different international organizations and state institutions including the United Nations, International Organisation of Migration, the Geneva Parliament, etc.
The course covers different issues including:
- Migration: security challenges
- The role of the international community, the role of civil society, the role of the media
- The role of the judicial, executive and legislative powers
- The role of UNHCR in West Africa
- Comparing federal and decentralized systems
- Swiss federalism
- Mediation and dialogue
- Migration and organized crime
- National political systems
- Refugee law
- Introduction to human security
- Gender and security
- Democratic transitions
- Security sector reform
- Police governance
- International migration law
- Migration and the European Union
The opening day of the course uniquely offered Présentation de la Suisse where the diplomats were presented with Swiss food and drink products, as well as learned about Swiss history, geography, culture and government - the degustation of Swiss products was very well received.
View our Flickr page to view photos of their trip!