The Geneva Centre for Security Policy (GCSP) is an international foundation that supports peace, security and international cooperation. Established by the Swiss Confederation in 1995, the Centre is a leading executive education centre and a platform for dialogue with a board comprised of 52 States (including all the permanent members of the Security Council of the United Nations) and the Canton of Geneva.
At the GCSP:
We deliver more than 80 executives courses annually in Geneva and 10 locations worldwide for over 1,000 professionals from more than 174 nations, including diplomats, military officers, politicians, journalists, officials from International organisations and representatives from the corporate and non-profit sector.
We foster strategic, creative and critical thinking in all our activities. Our principles of impartiality, independence and inclusiveness make us a sought-after platform for dialogue and exchange (120 events annually as well as several tracks 1,5 and 2 diplomatic processes).
We contribute to a better understanding of the complexity of current global circumstances, and enhance global responsiveness to future challenges through publications and expert contributions to the media and international community.
We host a vibrant, multidisciplinary, multicultural and multigenerational group of policy makers and executives in transition, and offer a platform to incubate their creativity and innovation so that they can together create a safer world.
Do you share our values and commitments? Are you interested in joining our highly motivated and dedicated team of 80 persons? If you are entrepreneurial, results-driven and a team player who is dedicated to making our stakeholders live an unforgettable experience, you may be our future:
Executive Editor / Chief Content Officer
80 - 100% - Permanent basis
As the Executive Editor and Chief Content Officer, you will have a unique opportunity to play a pivotal role in increasing our impact during an exciting growth and transformation phase.
- You will lead a team in charge of producing and disseminating timely and relevant content (videos, podcasts, research papers, etc.) through multiple platforms designed to reach our key constituencies worldwide.
- You will be in charge of developing a strategic vision and lead future growth of all phases of content development, editing, design and publication related to the centre’s activities and the international agenda.
- In close collaboration with GCSP’s thematic cluster leaders, you will leverage GCSP’s hub of expertise (with more than 1’000 guest speakers invited annually) to provide high-value content to both the GCSP’s community (7’100 alumni worldwide) and the general international community.
- You will determine the planning of more than 100 events per year (public discussions and conferences) organised in Geneva and abroad to maximise GCSP’s impact, and will work closely with our thematic cluster leaders to leverage their activities.
- You will develop, lead and coordinate GCSP’s overall marketing strategy, including brand development, PR and communication.
- At least ten years of professional experience in editing, writing/reporting, and marketing
- Proven experience in digital media and multi-channel content creation (journalism or publishing)
- Experience in managing content creation process including video, podcasts, and written content
- Excellent writing and editing skills in English and French, knowledge of additional languages will be advantageous.
- Good knowledge of “International Geneva” and Swiss environment
- Passion for executive education and international affairs
- A good understanding of corporate, governmental, and academic environments
- A positive, creative and “can-do” mind-set that inspires a variety of stakeholders
- Entrepreneurial spirit, intellectual curiosity, and conceptual skills
- Swiss or EU National or holder of a valid work permit
If you see yourself undertaking this ambitious challenge, we are eager to receive your full application file on https://www.jobup.ch/fr/emplois/detail/1554938/ until 31 January 2019.
The successful candidate will be expected to take up the position from 1st April 2019 or at a date to be agreed upon. The GCSP is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages applications of qualified female and male candidates from all religious, ethnic and social backgrounds.