The Geneva Centre for Security Policy (GCSP) provides forward-thinking and innovative solutions for policymakers and organizations concerned with international affairs, peace and security in today’s complex, globalized world. We are leaders in delivering executive education in global peace and security policy. More than 800 participants, from over 120 nations, from the public, non-profit and private sectors attend our courses every year. We are an international foundation with 52 member states from across the globe located in the state-of-the-art Maison de la paix at the heart of international Geneva. We are also recognised as a cutting-edge, dynamic and impactful platform that facilitates dialogue and exchange in support of peace, security and international cooperation (www.gcsp.ch).
At GCSP we pride ourselves on our multinational team of experts as well as an ever-growing alumni community of over 6000 international professionals with global influence.
Interested in joining our highly motivated and dedicated team? If you are dynamic, results-driven and a team player that is committed to providing innovative ideas and ensure our stakeholders enjoy a rich and rewarding experience, you may be our future:
The receptionist is reporting to the Head of the Global support Group and will be responsible and accountable for following responsibilities:
· Provision of high end front-desk services including reception of visitors and clients, mail management, management of the communication services: replies to mails, telephones, interphone, accesses, wifi, etc.
· Provision of logistical and administrative assistance,
· Coordination and management of the logistics, maintenance and upkeep of the GCSP’s pool of apartments,
· Liaison with various services stakeholders (cleaning company, real estate agency, maintenance teams),
· Booking and/or purchase of various services and material (taxi, hotels, restaurants, conference rooms, etc.),
· Maintenance of an impeccable presentation of GCSP Reception and common areas,
· Other duties as requested by the Head of Department.
Ability to deal professionally and courteously with clients, others visitors and employees at all level is paramount. In addition, we are looking for the following skills:
· pleasant personality and professional presentation
· Proficient computer user (MS-Office)
· Excellent organizational and communication skills
· Strong customer and service orientation
· Excellent interpersonal skills
· Highly flexible and ability to manage stress
In soliciting applications for this position, the GCSP is seeking an individual with the following background:
· Hotel school degree, CFC or equivalent qualification
· Previous work experience in a front office position
· Excellent written and spoken English and French
· Swiss or UE national or holder of a valid Swiss permit.
How to Apply
If you recognise yourself in this challenge, we are eager to receive your full application file via Jobup.ch until 24 September 2017. The successful candidate will be expected to take up the position immediately or on a date to be determined.
The GCSP is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages applications of qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious, ethnic and social backgrounds.