Migration, refugee and NDPs flows and security? Challenges and Responses.
In the past decade we have seen an increase in movement of people be it migrants – regular and irregular, refugees and internally displaced people (IDPs). These trends can have an impact on security. At the same time with the current mix of threats such as environmental degradation, health insecurity or conflict, each category of populations on the move are impacted. Policymakers, civil society and local communities must improve their capacity to anticipate and respond to security implications of migration, refugee and IDPs flows. This course offers a mix of knowledge and skills to prepare professionals to respond to such challenges.
- Deepened knowledge and understanding of the nexus between movement of people and security;
- Enhanced capacity to identify the best policies and approaches to address challenges caused by the nexus;
- Expanded network of professionals working in security and migration, refugees and IDPs sectors.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
This course target audience are security professionals from public and private sectors.
- civil servants;
- private sector representatives;
- International organisations
- to create cooperation among actors from different sectors and break the silos.
Due to COVID19 situation and the understanding of the need for specific soft skills and leadership good practices particularly at this moment, the GCSP is offering the program with more accessible prices.
Special offers: GCSP Alumni qualify for a 20% discount on the standard rate of 1500 CHF
Bring a friend: 1250 CHF (ensure your friend or colleague mentions your name in their online application)