Swiss Peacebuilding Training Course (SPTC) 2021
Registration is open.
The course is currently planned to be face-to-face. However, we follow the developments of the COVID situation carefully and may have to adapt accordingly.
The GCSP in cooperation with the Swiss Armed Forces, Swisspeace and on behalf of the Swiss Federal Department for Foreign Affairs and Trade (FDFA) offers a 2-week course on peacebuilding for the Swiss FDFA Expert Pool and selected international participants.
The course covers both the theoretical and practical aspects of peacebuilding. Through our comprehensive and inclusive approach to peacebuilding, this course is designed to meet the training needs for integrated missions. Specifically, the course enables you to:
- Deepen your knowledge and analytical skills as you understand the interlinked challenges of peace and security within the peacebuilding environment.
- Enhance your capacity to prepare and design effective peacebuilding projects and initiatives
- Develop skills for your work in peacebuilding missions either as secondees to multilateral organisations or as an implementer of bilateral projects
- Expand cross-cultural understandings and instill a greater awareness of gender considerations
- Conflict Analysis: Causes, Prevention and Transformation;
- Transition Management: from Peace Accords to Democratic Institutions;
- Security Dimension of Integrated Field Missions;
- Human Rights in Post-Conflict Situations;
- Rule of Law and Transitional Justice;
- Switzerland, Peacebuilding and the Sustaining Peace Agenda;
- Operational Field Training
The course is aimed at members of the Swiss Expert Pool and international participants with up to 5 years of peacebuilding experience, either civilian or military. International participants should be affiliated with government ministries, institutions, non-governmental organizations or traditional authorities. Applicants will be selected on a competitive basis and with due regard to ensure diversity and an as gender balanced group of participants to as possible.
This course is sponsored by the Government of Switzerland so selected participants will only need to cover the cost of their travel to the course venue in Stans, medical coverage, visa etc. Costs for tuition, room and board is provided.
Registration is closed