Join us a transformational journey, to create a safer world!
The Geneva Centre for Security Policy (GCSP) is an international foundation that supports peace, security and international cooperation. Established by the Swiss Confederation in 1995, the Centre is a leading executive education centre as well as a platform for high level diplomatic dialogues on critical international issues and an incubator for innovative projects. The foundation board is comprised of 54 States (including all the permanent members of the Security Council of the United Nations) and the Canton of Geneva. With our principles of impartiality, independence and inclusiveness, we foster strategic, innovative and critical thinking in all our activities.
Are you interested in joining our highly motivated team of 90 persons? If you are entrepreneurial, results-driven and a team player who is dedicated to making our stakeholders live an unforgettable experience, you may be our future:
Junior ICT Helpdesk Officer
ENG / FR
Full-time – open ended contract
As a part of the Help Desk Support Team, you will be responsible for delivering IT support level 1 & 2 to both on-site and remote users and provide technical assistance for the Centre and day-to-day IT issues. This is a busy role, which may involve occasional out of hours work to meet deadlines or support events. The Junior IT Helpdesk Officer must be proficient, organised and passionate about learning new technologies and services.
The Junior Helpdesk Officer will report to the Head ICT in assigned responsibilities, such as:
- Provide end user support.
- Manage incidents/ requests in the ticketing system.
- Gather all the basic information to evaluate the reported incident.
- Liaise with the other team members for the ticket resolution and escalation.
- Answer end users’ technical questions face-to-face and remotely.
- Deliver remote assistance to users
- Prepare/ install computers and smartphones.
- Install and configure various software.
- Contribute to and/ or create end user documentation.
- Perform other responsibilities as required in support of achieving the mission of the department.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- A minimum of one year functional experience in a similar position (candidates without previous work experience will be considered if they can demonstrate a very strong interest or unformal experience)
- Fluent in French (C1) and good command in English (B1 minimum)
- Good understanding of Microsoft Windows 10 / Office 365 and related Microsoft Apps
- Knowledge of IT hardware and basic network principals
- Previous experience in user support would be an advantage.
- Knowledge of SharePoint, Adobe Acrobat Pro would be an advantage • Passionate about all things IT related.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Willing to learn new skills and knowledge.
- Ability to work well individually and as part of a team.
- Analytical and problem-solving attitude.
- Ability to listen to end users, understand and analyse their IT technical issues and requests and strong customer-service orientation.
- Swiss or EU National or holder of a valid work permit is required.
The GCSP offers an interesting junior opportunity in an international working environment with pleasant work conditions.
If you see yourself undertaking this exciting challenge, we are eager to receive your full application file (CV and cover letter) on [email protected] until 11 June 2023.
The successful candidate will be expected to take up the position on 15 August 2023 or as agreed upon.
The GCSP is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment of mutual respect. The GCSP recruits and employs staff regardless of disability, sex, age, gender identity, religion, cultural, ethnic and socio-economic backgrounds or any other personal characteristics.
We sincerely thank all applicants for their interest. However, please note that only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.