What are the diplomatic skills required for complex challenges?
In an age of geopolitical disruption and global crises, diplomacy is an increasingly crucial skill to manage conflict, to advocate new ideas and to achieve sustainable political outcomes through dialogue and negotiation. For those without prior diplomatic experience, this course offers participants the opportunity to work with senior diplomats and learn new and innovative methods to conduct, and contribute to, more effective and creative action.
After the course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the history of diplomacy and the development of rules regulating diplomatic work
- Identify the main functions of diplomats both in bilateral and multilateral contexts
- Understand the fundamentals of crisis management and negotiation as main functions of diplomats
- Understand the requirements of communication, leadership, and political reporting for diplomats
- Understand the potential offered by leveraging cultural differences and cross-cultural communication
- Become familiar with rules of protocol and etiquette that may be useful for non-diplomats
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
The course is designed for individuals from:
- International Organisations,
- Private sector,
who are interested in enhancing their knowledge and use of diplomatic tools and practices.
GCSP Alumni qualify for a 20% discount