Today’s complex security challenges require careful analysis and smart ideas.
We assist states’, international organisations’ and firms’ analysis, policy-making and decision-making to help develop smart solutions to pressing challenges.
GCSP’s Research and Policy Advice is offered in various forms:
- Knowledge and analysis for understanding new trends and issues;
- Studies exploring questions according to specific needs;
- Public discussions and conferences to share new thinking;
- Workshops to jointly develop new insights;
- Tailored advise for policy- and decision-making.
Our portfolio covers a wide range of topics, in particular:
- Strategic anticipation;
- Geopolitics and global risks;
- Multilateral security cooperation;
- Emerging and disruptive technologies;
- Arms control and disarmament;
- Terrorism and organized crime;
- Peace operations and peacebuilding;
- International security law.
Notable resources and projects are:
Besides research published in academic and policy-oriented journals, GCSP offers a variety of publication series, namely:
- Geneva Papers;
- Strategic Security Analyses;
- Tailored studies and reports;
- Alumni Notes.
Geneva Security Debates
The Geneva Security Debates consist of public discussions on current security challenges. Uniting the world’s leading thinkers and practitioners for interactive discussions, the Geneva Security Debates inform policy makers in Geneva for new insights, joint reflection and networking.
The Geneva Process on AI Principles explores and clarifies the meaning, operationalization and legal implications of new policies and principles on the use of military artificial intelligence (AI).
The Polymath Initiative addresses the “silo thinking” which can lead to policy and governance failures when anticipating the consequences of emerging technologies.