Diplomatic Skills for Complex Challenges
In an age of geopolitical disruption and global crises, diplomacy is an increasingly crucial skill to manage conflict, to advocate new ideas and to achieve sustainable political outcomes through dialogue and negotiation. For those without prior diplomatic experience, this course offers participants the opportunity to work with senior diplomats and learn new and innovative methods to conduct, and contribute to, more effective and creative action.
After the course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the history of diplomacy and the development of rules regulating diplomatic work
- Identify the main functions of diplomats both in bilateral and multilateral contexts
- Understand the fundamentals of crisis management and negotiation as main functions of diplomats
- Understand the requirements of communication, leadership, and political reporting for diplomats
- Understand the potential offered by leveraging cultural differences and cross-cultural communication
- Become familiar with rules of protocol and etiquette that may be useful for non-diplomats
Due to COVID19 situation and the understanding of the need for specific soft skills and leadership good practices particularly at this moment, the GCSP is offering the programme with more accessible prices.