Examining Global Security Challenges relative to Europe
For the past two and a half decades, the ESC has been deepening security professionals’ understanding of the security policy challenges relative to Europe. By examining European security not only regionally, but in a global context, the course comprehensively assesses the interconnectedness of transnational threats and responses. With the current security challenges matrix including COVID-19, environmental degradation and climate change against the backdrop of increasing geopolitical tensions the 25th edition of the course will be unique.
- Comprehensive and analytical overview of global security trends of relevance to Europe
- Deepened understanding of how Europe interfaces with the world on security issues
- Enhanced relevant skillset to be effective security policy practitioners
- Creation of a community of security policy professionals
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Open to mid-career professionals working in:
- national ministries,
- international organisations,
- non-governmental organisations and,
- civil society organisations.
Candidates must have had exposure to peace and security issues. Serving officers must have completed an advanced military staff course.
The course is offered free of tuition charges for all participants as part of Switzerland’s contribution to the Partnership for Peace Programme. GCSP reserves the right to modify the programme dates, location and fee at any time.
Please create your account in MyGCSP platform to apply for this course