Right now, you and people in your organisation are experiencing significant and highly disruptive change. Many are likely to be responding in one or more of the following ways, as they (we) all come to terms with the implications for ourselves, our families and our work:
- Denial or struggle in accepting that things have changed, and that we need to adapt beyond the very short-term rules imposed
- Attention is on attempting to continue existing work in limiting circumstances
- Struggle to currently adapt both work where needed, and to emerging new ways of working that are different than previous practices and mindsets
- Vague, unstructured thinking about long-term transformations for leading others, teams and to co-create a ‘new normal’.
The Geneva Leadership Alliance is supporting our community to navigate the disruptions caused by COVID-19 to more quickly establish ways of working that help us all to focus, rebound and lead out of crisis.
The first live session will address specific dynamics at work in different phases of this COVID-19 crisis. This session takes a closer looker at “what” you do now and “how you lead through a crisis” to determine what long-term effects (positive and negative) will be left on people and your organization.
- David Horobin Head Crisis Management Cluster, GCSP
- Patrick Sweet Co-Director, Geneva Leadership Alliance
- Peter Cunningham Head Leadership Cluster, GCSP & Co-director, Geneva Leadership Alliance
The second session will introduce specific practices and tactics to nurture resilience through the crisis. This particular crisis is more of a marathon rather than a sprint, so this session will help you to learn specific practices that help you remain strong over time.
Disclaimer: The views, information and opinions expressed in this digital product are the authors’ own and do not necessarily reflect those shared by the Geneva Centre for Security Policy or its employees. The GCSP is not responsible for and may not always verify the accuracy of the information contained in the digital products.