Global Health Security Threats: Detect-Prevent-Respond
The recent coronavirus outbreak brings health security back to the top of the policy agenda.
- Is your government or organisation ready to deal with this challenge?
- How can we improve outbreak prevention and response at the national, regional and global levels?
- How should we strengthen detection strategies? Why is a multi-sectoral response to major public health incidents crucial?
This executive course answers these questions and provides security and health specialists from all sectors with an in-depth analysis of global health security as an international security priority. It equips participants with the tools necessary to deal with the security challenges that health crises can pose at all levels. Participants explore and evaluate frameworks and implementation measures that will enable them to better prevent, detect, and combat health security emergencies.
The course will enable you to:
- Strengthen awareness of global health security threats;
- Understand how trends in other sectors can "spill-over" and impact health security;
- Improve capacity to work across sectors that have different priorities and incentives;
- Build cross-sectoral networks among officials engaging in global health security issues;
- Share knowledge and experience with colleagues and experts.
High Quality, Innovative and interactive teaching:
- David Heyman, former WHO assistant Director General in charge of communicable diseases prevention and control and currently professor at the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine
- Dr Jean-Marc Vaucher, expert in the prevention and management of Chemical, Biological, Radiological events
- Dr. Gilles Poumerol, former WHO in charge of Travel Health and International Health Regulations
Featuring highly experienced experts:
- Exploring the best and most recent sources of information on internet
- Deep analysis of past experience, issues and possible solutions through interactive excahnges, serious games on line and simulation exercises
The GCSP reserves the right to modify the programme dates, location and fee at any time.
Alumni qualify for a 20% discount. A limited number of partial tuition waivers may be available.