Cyber security is everyone’s responsibility.
Have you faced a cyber incident? Are you and your institution ready to face the security challenges of today’s wired world?
Today, cyber security requires the tools and skills to respond to evolving threats. The online medium has created a multitude of opportunities, but we must also analyse current and potential cyber security challenges. Cyber security today is not one single problem, but a problematique - a collection of challenges, none of which can be resolved in isolation.
Our highly interactive flagship cyber security course can help organizations, institutions and governments meet these modern challenges and minimise their impact. By examining social and political responses to cyber security challenges in conjunction with technical solutions, this course can equip you with the tools needed to face the cyber security problematique.
Learning Objectives on this Journey
Our unique learning approach means that you will participate in interactive virtual workshops while taking advantage of both self-paced and social learning opportunities.
On this learning journey you will explore new resources and engage with your peers through an interactive online platform, enjoy discussion fora with participants and experts and take advantage of opportunities for deeper and meaningful online conversations. It means that on this journey, together we will:
- Discover: learn about the cyber security issues facing the world today;
- Connect the Dots: engage in conversation, cooperation and creative solution-building with experts in the fields of cyber law, cyber defence and cyber crime; and
- Achieve Impact: use your new skills and knowledge to make a difference in your work and life.
Participants on this virtual learning journey will understand how technical and non-technical aspects of cyber security connect with each other in order to help you develop holistic and creative solutions to today’s cyber security challenges. By combining scenario exercises, expert presentations and dialogue amongst course participants, the course promotes an active learning approach to the core fundamentals of cyber security.
- What is Cyber Security? A Socio-Political Perspective
- Technical Foundations of Cyber Security
- Legal and Political Principles of Cyber Security
- Cyber Crime
- Cyber Defence
- Societal Impacts of Cyber Security
Schedule for "Connect the Dots"
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
This course is intended for those wishing to extend their knowledge of cyber security as well as related cyber trends.
Regular participants come from a variety of professional backgrounds including:
- Government officials (including diplomats, military officers, intelligence analysts);
- Staff from international organisations;
- Representatives from the non-profit sector;
- Private sector actors.
If you work in an international or multicultural environment where digital security issues are a key part of your professional activity, this virtual learning journey is for you.
For those without prior diplomatic experience, this virtual learning journey offers participants the opportunity to work with senior diplomats at the GCSP to learn new and innovative methods to conduct, and contribute to, more effective and creative action in cyber security.
Apply before 8 October to qualify for a 15% discount. Alumni qualify for a 20% discount. Discounts are not cumulative.