How can political advisors enhance their skills to face their professional challenges?
Political advisors are instrumental in the decision-making processes of peace and security. Their effectiveness is of fundamental importance both on the ground and at an international level. Their duties require them to synthesise information rapidly, to develop a comprehensive understanding of the context and key issues at hand, and to convey that understanding and analysis to their institutions at varying levels, while building and nurturing meaningful relationships. This course builds the skill sets and networks that political advisors need to carry out their work more efficiently and effectively.
By the end of this experience you will have:
- Explored the interdisciplinary and dynamic role of a political advisor (POLAD)
- Acquired a structured lens for analysing your professional responsibilities, your personal strengths and areas for growth
- Enhanced your skillsets required for effective advising
- Learned from peer experiences and perspectives
- Broadened your network in the advising field
The following focus areas will be covered:
- The role of the political advisor
- Effective communication
- Political reporting
- Negotiation and mediation support
You will receive a GCSP certificate accredited by EduQua once you have completed all the course modules to the satisfaction of the course director.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
The course is designed for:
- Political advisors and political affairs officers working in government ministries international institutions diplomatic missions either in capitals or in the field those interested in becoming a political advisor
- Professionals working in advisory positions in the field of governance and peace and security. Typical professional associations of participants are with government ministries, international organisations and diplomatic missions.
The course will also be of interest to individuals working in peace and security and wanting to shift into advising.
GCSP Alumni qualify for a 20% discount.
Application Deadline : 15 August 2022