Environmental issues, including in particular climate change, are becoming a dominant concern impacting all corners of the globe and all sectors to varying degrees. Participants will be able to enhance their understanding of the security implications of climate change and how strategic foresight can be used to help them identify weak signals & prepare for possible scenarios. This will be achieved through sessions on:
- the main concepts related to climate and security;
- case studies to explore the issues and the responses; and,
- exploring possible climate and security futures using foresight methods.
The participants will be able to:
- enhance understanding on the implications of climate change for security,
- discover strategic foresight and examine possible climate & security futures,
- develop perspectives for action that can inform decision making.
You will receive a GCSP certificate accredited by EduQua once you have completed all the course modules to the satisfaction of the course director.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
This course will be of interest to professionals in the international security sector and beyond, such as:
- civil servants;
- private sector representatives;
- NGOs; and,
- international organisations.
To address this global challenge cooperation among actors from diverse sectors is required.
Apply by 23 May to qualify for a 15% discount. GCSP Alumni qualify for a 20% discount.
Bring-a-friend discount: CHF 320 per confirmed application (ensure your friend or colleague mentions your name in their online application).
Application Deadline: 27 June 2022