In an age of geopolitical disruption and global crises, diplomacy is an increasingly crucial skill to manage conflict, to advocate new ideas and to achieve sustainable political outcomes through dialogue and negotiation.
After the course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the history of diplomacy and the development of rules regulating diplomatic work
- Identify the main functions of diplomats both in bilateral and multilateral contexts
- Understand the fundamentals of crisis management and negotiation as main functions of diplomats
- Understand the requirements of communication, leadership, and political reporting for diplomats
- Understand the potential offered by leveraging cultural differences and cross-cultural communication
- Become familiar with rules of protocol and etiquette that may be useful for non-diplomats
All information you need to know (language, certification, technical requirements and application process) before applying to the GCSP are available here.
You will receive a GCSP certificate accredited by EduQua once you have completed all the course modules to the satisfaction of the course director.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
The course is designed for individuals from:
- International Organisations
- Private sector
who are interested in enhancing their knowledge and use of diplomatic tools and practices
The GCSP reserves the right to modify the programme dates, location and fee at any time.
Apply by 21 February 2023 to qualify for a 15% discount. Alumni qualify for a 20% discount. A limited number of partial tuition waivers may be available.
Application Deadline: 28 April 2023