The recent coronavirus outbreak brings health security back to the top of the policy agenda.
How can we improve outbreak prevention and response at the national, regional and global levels?
How should we strengthen detection strategies? Why is a multi-sectoral response to major public health incidents crucial?
This executive course answers these questions and provides security and health specialists from all sectors with an in-depth analysis of global health security as an international security priority. It equips participants with the tools necessary to deal with the security challenges that health crises can pose at all levels. Participants explore and evaluate frameworks and implementation measures that will enable them to better prevent, detect, and combat health security emergencies.
The course will enable you to:
- Strengthen awareness of global health security threats;
- Understand how trends in other sectors can "spill-over" and impact health security;
- Improve capacity to work across sectors that have different priorities and incentives;
- Build cross-sectoral networks among officials engaging in global health security issues;
- Share knowledge and experience with colleagues and experts.
- Phase I: 17-23.04.2023 (kick off session Monday, 17 April)
- Phase II: 24-28.04.2023
- Phase III: 29.04-05.05.2023 (closing session Friday, 5 May)
All information you need to know (language, certification, technical and application process) before applying to the GCSP are available here.
You will receive a GCSP certificate accredited by EduQua once you have completed all the course modules to the satisfaction of the course director.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
This course target audience are health security professionals from public and private sectors.
- civil servants;
- private sector representatives;
- International organisations
to create cooperation among actors from different sectors and break the silos.
The GCSP reserves the right to modify the programme dates, location and fee at any time.
15% Early-Bird Discount if you apply before 15 March 2023. GCSP Alumni qualify for a 20% discount on the standard rate of 600 CHF. Bring a friend: 600 CHF (ensure your friend or colleague mentions your name in their online application)
Application Deadline: 10 April 2023