GCSP Innovation Day 2021
Exploring how innovation can help make the world a safer place
What is the secret of innovation? How can you spark innovative thinking? How can you make a difference to global security?
Join us on 18 November for a deep dive into the impact that innovation can have on efforts to create a safer world.
The GCSP Innovation Day is an interactive online event during which you will experience dynamic discussions featuring senior practitioners from the innovation and international arenas.
You will also have a chance to win your seat at the 2022 Geopolitics and Global Futures Symposium.
Innovation Day will culminate with the awarding of the 2021 GCSP Prize for Innovation in Global Security.
- Dr Paul Vallet, GCSP Associate Fellow
- Ambassador Thomas Greminger, Director of the GCSP
- Professor Nayef Al-Rodhan, Head of the Geopolitics and Global Futures Programme
15:00-16:45 – Seminar: Innovation and Security
- Dr Lennart Maschmeyer, Senior Researcher, Center for Security Studies (CSS), Zurich, Switzerland
- Dr Dominika Kunertova, Senior Researcher, Center for Security Studies (CSS), Zurich, Switzerland
- Hypersonic Weapon Programmes
- Dr Neil Renic, Researcher, Institute for Peace Research and Security Policy (IFSH), Hamburg, Germany
- Autonomous Weapons
16:45-17:00 – Break
17:00-18:00 – Prize Ceremony
Prize Draw: Get a chance to win your seat to the 2022 Geopolitics and Global Futures Symposium
Presentation of the 2021 GCSP Prize for Innovation in Global Security: discover the winners and find out what fuels their inspiration
This public event is brought to you by the GCSP’s Geopolitics and Global Futures Programme. It is open to everyone.