GCSP Innovation Night 2018
Exploring how innovation can help make the world a safer place.
Join us on 29 November for a deep dive into the impact that innovation can have to create a safer world.
The GCSP Innovation Night is an interactive event during which you will experience dynamic discussions featuring senior practitioners from the innovation and international arena.
You will also get a chance to win your seat to the 2019 Geopolitics and Global Futures Symposium.
The event will culminate with the awarding of the 2018 GCSP Prize for Innovation in Global Security.
- Networking Cocktail Reception
- Welcome and introduction: Ambassador Christian Dussey, Director of the Geneva Centre for Security Policy
- Keynote speech: Mr Nicholas Niggli, Deputy Secretary General, Department for Security, State of Geneva, will address "Sustainable Finance & Cyber Governance: Geneva's Innovative Contributions to Peacebuilding"
- Talk Show Discussions featuring Ms Maria Butler, Director of Global Programmes, Women's International League for Peace & Freedom
- Ask questions using Twitter
- Award Ceremony
- Presentation of the 2018 GCSP Prize for Innovation in Global Security
- Meet the winners and ask them questions using Twitter
- Prize Draw: Your chance to win your seat to the 2019 Geopolitics and Global Futures Symposium
- 1st Prize: Free seat to the three modules of the Symposium (value CHF 1’200)
- 2nd Prize: Free seat to two modules of the Symposium (value CHF 1’000)
- 3rd Prize: Free seat to one module of the Symposium (value CHF 500)
Our Master of Ceremony and Host will be Ms Ashley Müller. The final speaker list will be confirmed here shortly. Check back regularly as we update the speaker programme for this event.
Why you should attend:
- Interact with senior practitioners and experts from the innovation and international arenas
- Meet the winners of the 2018 GCSP Prize for Innovation in Global Security and find out what fuels their inspiration
- Get a chance to win your seat to the 2019 Geopolitics and Global Futures Symposium
Please note that the ceremony will be held in English. A photographer and a videographer will be capturing the event. If you do not wish to appear on camera, please let a member of staff know when you arrive.