METO-GCSP Panel Discussion: Achieving Success and the Path Forward – UN Conference on a WMD-Free Zone in the Middle East
The second session of the November Conference will take place at the UN Headquarters in New York from November 29 to December 3, 2021. The conference presents an opportunity for states to discuss in good faith the challenges of the zone and explore together how best to overcome them.
Atomic Reporters, the Geneva Centre for Security Policy, International Physicians for thePrevention of Nuclear War, The Middle East Treaty Organization
and the Rosa LuxemburgFoundation (NY) invite you to a meeting with experts to exchange views on the upcoming conference inorder to provide tangible policy recommendations.
- Amb. Wael Al Assad, Former head of disarmament at the League of Arab States
- Tarja Cronberg, Distinguished Associate Fellow with SIPRI (TBC)
- Chen Zak Kane, UNIDIR, Project Lead, Middle East WMDFZ Project (TBC)
- Amb. Seyed Hossein Mousavian, Princeton University
- Tariq Rauf, Former Head of the Verification and Security Policy Coordination Office at the IAEA
- Paul Ingram, Cambridge University