Professor Andreas Wenger is an Associate Fellow within the Global Fellowship Initiative of the GCSP. Andreas Wenger is a professor of international and Swiss security policy at ETH Zurich and has been the Director of the Center for Security Studies (CSS) since 2002. He studied history, political science and German literature at the University of Zurich, where he received his Master's degree in 1991. He holds a Doctorate from the University of Zurich and was a visiting fellow at the Woodrow Wilson School of Public and International Affairs and the Center of International Studies, Princeton University. During that period, he wrote his doctoral dissertation analysing the role of nuclear weapons in the Cold War international system. Andreas Wenger was a guest scholar at Princeton University (1992–1994), Yale University (1998), the Woodrow Wilson Center (2000), and the George Washington University (2005).
The focus of his main research interests lies in security and strategic studies and the history of international relations. Within the MA program in Comparative and International Studies (MACIS), he teaches seminars on political violence and security politics. Andreas Wenger has published, inter alia, in the Journal of Cold War Studies, in Cold War History, Presidential Studies Quarterly, Vierteljahrshefte für Zeitgeschichte, Defense and Peace Economics and Osteuropa.
Andreas Wenger serves as delegate for the Master of Advanced Studies in Security Policy and Crisis Management (MAS ETH SPCM), the Diploma of Advanced Studies ETH in Military Sciences (DAS ETH MILWISS), and the BA ETH in Public Policy.
- Wenger, Andreas; Wollenmann, Reto (2007) Bioterrorism, Boulder: Lynne Rienner.
- Wenger, Andreas; Möckli, Daniel (2003) Conflict Prevention, Boulder: Lynne Rienner.
- Wenger, Andreas; Zimmermann, Doron (2003) International Relations, Boulder: Lynne Rienner.
- Spillmann, Kurt R.; Wenger, Andreas; Breitenmoser, Christoph (2001) Schweizer Sicherheitspolitik seit 1945, Zürich: Verlag Neue Zürcher Zeitung.
- Wenger, Andreas (1997) Living with Peril, Lanham, M.D.: Rowman & Littlefield Publishers.
- Popp, Roland; Wenger, Andreas (eds.) (2014) The Origins of the Nuclear Nonproliferation Regime.
- Wenger, Andreas; Orttung, Robert; Perovic, Jeronim (eds.) (2009) Energy and the Transformation of International Relations, New York: Oxford University Press.
- Zimmermann, Doron; Wenger, Andreas (eds.) (2006) How States Fight Terrorism, Boulder: Lynne Rienner.
- Wenger, Andreas; Perovic, Jeronim; Orttung, Robert (eds.) (2006) Russian Business Power, London, New York: Routledge.
- Wenger, Andreas; Bächler, Günther (eds.) (2002) Conflict and Cooperation, Zurich: Verlag Neue Zürcher Zeitung.
- Aris, Stephen; Wenger, Andreas (2013) 'Conclusion', in: Aris, Stephen; Wenger, Andreas (eds.) Regional Organisations and Security: Conceptions and Practices, London: Routledge, pp. 245–265.
- Wenger, Andreas; Möckli, Daniel (2013) 'The Conference on Security and Cooperation in Europe as a Regional Model', in: Mastny, Vojtech; Liqun, Zhu (eds.) The Legacy of the Cold War: Perspectives on Security, Cooperation, and Conflict, Lexington Books, pp. 199–230.