Join us for this critical issues course of two half days to explore these questions.
Environmental issues, including in particular climate change, are becoming a dominant concern impacting all corners of the globe and all sectors to varying degrees. Participants will be able to enhance their understanding of the security implications of climate change and how strategic foresight can be used to help them identify weak signals & prepare for possible scenarios. This will be achieved through sessions on:
- the main concepts related to climate and security;
- case studies to explore the issues and the responses; and,
- exploring possible climate and security
The participants will be able to:
- enhance understanding on the implications of climate change for security,
- discover strategic foresight and examine possible climate & security futures,
- develop perspectives for action that can inform decision-making.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
This course will be of interest to professionals in the international security sector and beyond, such as:
- civil servants;
- private sector representatives;
- NGOs; and,
- international organisations.
To address this global challenge cooperation amongst actors from diverse sectors is required.
The GCSP reserves the right to modify the programme dates, location and fee at any time.
15% Early-Bird Discount if you apply before 24 January 2023. GCSP Alumni qualify for a 20% discount on the standard rate of 400 CHF.
Application Deadline: 7 March 2024