Are you able to connect with your community and bridge diverse and evolving needs and identities? Do you know what culture you are seeking to create and how?
Join other professionals grappling with the challenges of the current reality of power and privilege, and gain insights into different ways to generate inclusion and belonging.
Module 1: Equity, Power and Inclusion – Realities, Challenges and Opportunities
10:30 - 12:30
- What do we mean by equity, power and inclusion? What are the most significant challenges you face right now?
- 2 Case Studies:
- Building trust between government and community actors to silence the guns and advance peace and security in Nairobi.
- Developing youth-led solutions for community resilience through co-creation, inter-generational dialogue and safe spaces.
- Exchange with peers and experts.
Module 2: Equity, Power and Inclusion – Paradoxes and Practices in Communities and Organisations
13:30 - 15:30
- How do we lead seeming paradoxes? Polarity Thinking Introduction.
- Exchange of effective policies and practices within communities and organisations.
- Debrief and Closing.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
- Practitioners and experts working in peace, security and humanitarian action
- Department/Division Heads and Deputies
- Operational Leaders and Managers
- Heads of Human Resources, Learning and Training
By application only. In your application, please explain what your current inclusion challenges are, and what you hope to gain by attending this workshop.
The GCSP reserves the right to modify the programme dates, location and fee at any time.
Application Deadline: 30 September 2024