European Security Course (ESC) 2022
For the past 25 years, the European Security Course (ESC) has been deepening security professionals’ understanding of the security policy challenges that impact Europe. This eight-week course is a unique opportunity to develop a wide-ranging understanding of European security issues in the broader international security context. It examines current trends and challenges in both hard and soft security, the European states’ and the European Union’s interests and impacts, regional security architecture relative to Europe (EU, NATO and OSCE), as well as key state actors. It also analyses Europe’s interaction and impact on its neighbours and other regions in the world, such as the Middle East / North Africa, Sub-Saharan Africa, the Americas and Asia. Relevant transnational challenges are explored, including migration, climate change, terrorism and cyber security.
This course offers you a unique opportunity to:
- Grasp how global security trends impact Europe
- Analyse how Europe interacts with the world on security issues
- Enhance your skills to increase your effectiveness as a practitioner
- Network with a wide community of security policy professionals
- Key Global Security Challenges
- The European Security Architecture
- Wider Europe
- Europe, the Middle East and North Africa
- Europe and Sub-Saharan Africa
- Europe and the Americas
- Europe and Asia
- Beyond a European Security Strategy
Open to mid-career professionals working in:
- national ministries,
- international organisations,
- non-governmental organisations and,
- civil society organisations.
Candidates must have had exposure to peace and security issues. Serving officers must have completed an advanced military staff course.
The course is offered free of tuition charges for all participants as part of Switzerland’s contribution to the Partnership for Peace Programme. GCSP reserves the right to modify the programme dates, location and fee at any time.
Please create your account in MyGCSP platform to apply for this course. Application deadline: 28 November 2021.