Creativity, storytelling, strategy
Media and the Arts for Peace is an online, self-paced course designed and delivered in partnership with the U.S. Institute of Peace (USIP). This course explores the impact of mainstream media, digital/social media, and the arts – live art, street art, music, dance, film and theatre, etc. – on peace. Participants learn how these various media have been engaged to enrich public discourse, highlight civic responsibility and social justice, and tell the stories behind every conflict – stories that can be used to either dehumanize or humanize a conflict and the people behind it.
Each chapter of the online course addresses or answers a different question about how media and arts intersect with peace and security.
- CHAPTER 1: Why Media and Arts for Peace?
- CHAPTER 2: Strategies for Peace: Creativity and Storytelling
- CHAPTER 3: Media and Arts in Conflict Prevention
- CHAPTER 4: Media and the Arts During Conflict
- CHAPTER 5: Integrating Media and Arts Post-Conflict
- CHAPTER 6: Moving Forward into the Future