The skills you require to plan in uncertain times
In today’s fast-paced world, policymakers and executives, more than ever, need well-informed foresight to gauge policy responses. They need answers about how to adapt decision making for uncertain & rapidly changing contexts and how to incorporate approaches that are more inclusive and ultimately impactful. This course provides an answer to these questions through an introduction to strategic foresight: the mindset of strategic foresight, the range of methodologies, and how it is integration in organisations, including specific case studies. You will have an opportunity to practice selected methods to overcome challenges and explore solutions in international security.
On this learning journey you will explore new resources and engage with your peers through an interactive online platform, enjoy discussion with participants and experts and take advantage of opportunities for deeper and meaningful online conversations. It means that on this journey, together we will:
- Discover: learn about how strategic foresight can be used to manage better today’s uncertainties and strengthen planning for the future in an inclusive and impactful way;
- Connect the Dots: engage in conversation, cooperation and creative solution-building with experts from diverse fields (strategic foresight, international security) and professional contexts (government, private sector, academia); and
- Achieve Impact: use your enhanced skills and knowledge to make a real difference in your work and life. By combining interactive virtual plenary sessions with opportunities for moderated small group work and guided individual reflections, the course promotes an immersive and interactive learning approach to strategic foresight that enable participants to connect learnings to their professional settings.
By combining interactive virtual plenary sessions with opportunities for moderated small group work and guided individual reflections, the course promotes an immersive and interactive learning approach to strategic foresight that enable participants to connect learnings to their professional settings.
The participants will be able to:
- Explore foresight methodologies and apply selected methods,
- Examine how strategic foresight is implemented in organisations, the successes and pitfalls, and
- Develop perspectives for action that can inform decision making.
In addition, participants will leave the course with an expanded community in strategic foresight and have access, as a GCSP alumnus, to an extensive network of experts in international affairs.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
The course is designed for:
- government officials (including diplomats, military officers, intelligence analysts)
- staff from international organisations
- representatives from the non-profit sector
- private sector actors.
Due to the COVID19 situation and the understanding of the need for specific soft skills and leadership good practices particularly at this moment, the GCSP is offering the programme with more accessible prices.
Apply by 12 August to qualify for a 15% discount. GCSP Alumni qualify for a 20% discount. A limited number of partial tuition waivers may be available. Bring-a-friend discount: 650 CHF per confirmed application (ensure your friend or colleague mentions your name in their online application).
Discounts are not cumulative.
Application Deadline : 26 August 2022