The GCSP held its first Transformative Futures Day on 30 May 2023.
The GCSP Prize for Transformative Futures in Peace and Security seeks to reward groundbreaking concepts that offer exceptional promise in addressing peace and security challenges. Concepts from a wide variety of fields may be eligible for consideration, including, but not restricted to, transformative technologies, pandemics, biothreats, autonomous weapons, climate change, human rights, cybersecurity, education, or disarmament, for example.
- Dr Paul Vallet, GCSP Associate Fellow
- (00:10) Ambassador Thomas Greminger, Director of the GCSP
- (03:34) Professor Nayef Al-Rodhan, Head of the Geopolitics and Global Futures Programme
- (06:00) Anne Caroline Pissis-Martel, Head of the Creative Spark
- (11:07) 3rd place: “Space sustainability Rating: Encouraging a more responsible and sustainable use of space”: Mr. Florian Micco and Mr. Adrien Saada – Submitted by the Space Sustainability Rating Association, Lausanne, Switzerland
- (14:33) 2nd place: “The VOI Methodology”: Dr. João Costa, Cambridge, United Kingdom
- (18:00) 1st place: “Global Governance Innovation Project: Peace, Security and Humanitarian Action”: Dr Richard Ponzio, Ms Nudhara Yusuf, Ms Muznah Siddiqui, and Professor Joris Larik – Submitted by the Stimson Center, Washington DC, United States of America
- Christine Garnier Simon, Mavy Spadotto and Samuel Bärtschi