Apply for the 2023 GCSP Prize for Transformative Futures in Peace and Security
Under the leadership of Ambassador Thomas Greminger, Director of the GCSP, the Prize for Transformative Futures in Peace and Security was initiated by Professor Nayef Al-Rodhan, Head of the Geopolitics and Global Futures Programme, and Ms Anne-Caroline Pissis Martel, Head of the Global Fellowship Initiative and Creative Spark. It seeks to reward groundbreaking concepts that offer exceptional promise in addressing peace and security challenges. The inaugural edition of the prize will be awarded in 2023.
Applications may come from any country, but the potential impact of the concepts submitted should extend beyond national borders in their scope or thinking. Concepts from a wide variety of fields may be eligible for consideration, including, but not restricted to, transformative technologies, pandemics, biothreats, autonomous weapons, climate change, human rights, cybersecurity, education, or disarmament, for example.
The winners (first, second and third place) will be announced publicly during an event to be held in late May 2023. The prize for the application coming in the first position is a fully funded 2-month incubation programme within the GCSP’s Creative Spark in Geneva (worth CHF 15’000) and a certificate of excellence. The two other finalist applications will receive a certificate of recognition.
The Jury of the 2023 GCSP Prize for Transformative Futures in Peace and Security is composed of:
- Mr Alexander Barclay, State of Geneva, Delegate for digital policy
- Mr Gilles Carbonnier, Vice-President of the ICRC
- Ms Sophie Dubuis, President, Geneva Tourism & Conventions Foundation
- Prof. Dr. Andreas Wenger, Professor of International and Swiss Security Policy at ETH Zurich
- Ambassador Thomas Greminger, Director of the GCSP
- Professor Nayef Al-Rodhan, Head of the GCSP’s Geopolitics and Global Futures Programme and Honorary Fellow at St Antony's College, University of Oxford
- Ms Anne-Caroline Pissis Martel, Head of the GCSP’s Global Fellowship Initiative and Creative Spark
The deadline for applications is Monday, 27 March 2023 at 23:59 UTC+2.
The winners will be announced in late May 2023.