Global Peace Index 2022 Launch
Join an expert panel to discuss the key findings from the Global Peace Index 2022. Discover the trends in peace worldwide, economic value of peace and how to develop peaceful societies.
The war on Ukraine, the collapse in Afghanistan, the military coups in Africa. How do we measure the global impact of recent eruptions on the future of peace? We are pleased to partner with the Institute for Economics & Peace to launch and unpack the new annual Global Peace Index (GPI). The GPI presents a comprehensive analysis of trends in peace worldwide, the economic value of peace and how to develop peaceful societies. It also includes an analysis of trends in Positive Peace: the attitudes, institutions, and structures that can create and sustain peaceful societies. Join us online!
Event Speakers / Participants
- Keynote speech by H.E. Ambassador Thomas Greminger, Director, Geneva Centre for Security Policy
- Global Peace Index 2022 presentation by Mr Serge Stroobants, Director of Europe & MENA Region, Institute for Economics & Peace.
- Discussant H.E. Ambassador Yvette Stevens, Former Ambassador and Permanent Representative to the WTO, Permanent Mission of the Republic of Sierra Leone to the United Nations Office at Geneva and Executive-in-Residence, Geneva Centre for Security Policy
- Discussant Dr Adam Day, Director Geneva Office, United Nations University, Centre for Policy Research
- Moderation by Ms Annika Hilding Norberg, Head of Peace Operations and Peacebuilding, Geneva Centre for Security Policy