Swiss Ideas on Space Security and Sustainability
Exploring Switzerland’s contributions to making outer space safe for all
Today’s fast-moving and interconnected world would not be possible without a sustainable use of outer space. Yet outer space is becoming increasingly congested and contested, creating numerous insecurities.
Switzerland has been active in space for several decades and is at the forefront of space security and sustainability, playing an undisputed role in making the world a safer place.
Learn more on Swiss Ideas on Space Security and Sustainability during our virtual event featuring senior practitioners from the Swiss and international space ecosystem:
- Professor Nayef Al-Rodhan, Head of the Geopolitics and Global Futures Programme
- Natália Archinard, Deputy Head of the Science, Transport and Space Section, Federal Department of Foreign Affairs FDFA, Bern, Switzerland; Chair of COPUOS Scientific and Technical Subcommittee 2020-2021
- Global Governance of Outer Space Activities
- Sergey Gugkaev, Chief Commercial Officer, ClearSpace SA, Lausanne, Switzerland
- Practical Solutions for Sustainability in Space
- Mathieu Bailly, VP Space at CYSEC SA, Lausanne, Switzerland
- End-to-end Data Security for Space Missions: The Journey of CYSEC
- Jean-Jacques Dordain, Former Director of the European Space Agency (ESA)
- Space Issues: Design the End at the Start
This public event is brought to you by the GCSP’s Geopolitics and Global Futures Programme. It is open to everyone.