Dr. Christina Schori Liang is a Senior Advisor and Senior Fellow at the Geneva Centre for Security Policy (GCSP). She leads the Terrorism and Organised Crime Cluster at the GCSP.
Dr. Liang designs and directs courses on Preventing Violent Extremism and on the Protection of Civilians in Armed Conflict: Addressing the Challenges Posed by the Presence of Non-State Armed Groups and contributes to GCSP’s Track Two diplomacy and dialogue events. From 2012-2016, she served as Co-Director and later as Director of GCSP’s New Issues in Security Course.
Dr. Liang was editor of Europe for the Europeans: The Foreign and Security Policy of the Populist Radical Right and has contributed to the 2015, 2016 and 2017 Global Terrorism Index Reports. Dr. Liang has given academic and policy-related presentations in over 25 countries. She is an active member of the UN’s Global Counter Terrorism Research Network and advises the UN Security Council’s 1267 Committee on terrorist financing. Dr. Liang has testified for the US National Intelligence Council, the US State Department, the European Commission, and the European Forum for Urban Security and has given multiple presentations for the NATO Defense College in Rome and the OSCE Secretariat in Vienna. Dr Liang is a Steering Group Member of the RESOLVE Network, a member of the Global Solutions Exchange (GSX), and a global expert for the Global Initiative Against Transnational Organized Crime.
Dr. Liang was an Adjunct Faculty member for Boston University from 2008-2013 and is currently a Professor at the Paris School of International Affairs, Sciences Po, Paris. She holds a doctorate in International Relations and an MA in History and International Politics from the Graduate Institute of International and Development Studies, Geneva, Switzerland.
- Liang, Christina Schori, “Unveiling the “United Cyber Caliphate” and the Birth of the E-Terrorist” in Georgetown Journal of International Affairs International Engagement on Cyber VII, Fall 2017, Volume 18, No. 3. p. 11-20.
- Liang, Christina Schori, “Leaderless Jihad in a Leaderless World: The Future of Terrorism”, in the “2017 Global Terrorism Index: Measuring and Understanding the Impact of Terrorism.” Instiute for Economics and Peace. 2017 p. 88-91.
- Liang, Christina Schori, “Mapping the New Global Criminal-Terrorist Networks,” in the “2016 Global Terrorism Index: Measuring and Understanding the Impact of Terrorism.” Institute for Economics and Peace. 2016 p. 84-88.
- Liang, Christina Schori, “The Criminal-Jihadist: Insights into Modern Terrorist Financing,” Strategic Security Analysis – 2016 n°10, August 2016.
- Liang, Christina Schori, “ISIL Inc: A Portrait of a Modern Terrorist Enterprise,” in the “2015 Global Terrorism Index: Measuring and Understanding the Impact of Terrorism.” Institute for Economics and Peace. 2015 p. 76-80
- Liang, Christina Schori, “Cyber Jihad: Understanding and Countering Islamic State Propaganda.” GCSP Policy Paper 2015/2
- Liang, Christina Schori, “Shadow Networks: The Growing Nexus of Terrorism and Organised Crime.” GCSP Policy Paper 20, November, 2011.
- Liang, Christina Schori, “Schattennetzwerke: Der Wachsende Nexus von Terrorismus und Organisierter Kriminalität, GCSP Policy Paper 20, November, 2011. GCSP Policy Paper 20 – Deutsch.pdf (952.2 kB)
- Liang, Christina Schori (ed.) Europe for the Europeans: The Foreign and Security Policy of the Populist Radical Right (London: Ashgate Publishing, 2007), 318 p.