How can we contribute to a responsible arms trade?
Responsible arms trade requires in-depth knowledge and effective implementation of the prohibitions and obligations under international law regarding the international transfer of conventional arms that may be destabilizing or cause human suffering.
Identify and understand the key provisions of the Arms Trade Treaty and to implement them effectively, taking into account related instruments of conventional arms trade control.
- Global and Regional Trends in the Arms Trade
- History of the Adoption of the Arms Trade Treaty
- Export Control System - Risk Assessment
- Import, Transit, Trans-shipment, Brokering
- Other Instruments
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
This course is primarily directed at:
- government decision-makers in the field of conventional arms trade regulation,
- legal advisors involved in conventional arms trade regulation as well as,
- staff of government arms trade licensing agencies.
Priority will be given to applicants from states that are parties to or signatories of the Arms Trade Treaty