Climate and Security Futures - A Critical Issues Course 2023
Kick-off Session: Monday, 27 March 2023, 13:00 - 14:30 CET
Core Sessions: Wednesday 29 March and Thursday 30 March 2023: 13:00 - 17:45 CET - Duration: 2 Days
Join us for this critical issues course of two half days to explore these questions.
Environmental issues, including in particular climate change, are becoming a dominant concern impacting all corners of the globe and all sectors to varying degrees. Participants will be able to enhance their understanding of the security implications of climate change and how strategic foresight can be used to help them identify weak signals & prepare for possible scenarios. This will be achieved through sessions on:
- the main concepts related to climate and security;
- case studies to explore the issues and the responses; and,
- exploring possible climate and security futures using foresight methods.
The participants will be able to:
- enhance understanding on the implications of climate change for security,
- discover strategic foresight and examine possible climate & security futures,
- develop perspectives for action that can inform decision making.
All information you need to know (language, certification, technical and application process) before applying to the GCSP are available here.
You will receive a GCSP certificate accredited by EduQua once you have completed all the course modules to the satisfaction of the course director.
This course will be of interest to professionals in the international security sector and beyond, such as:
- civil servants;
- private sector representatives;
- NGOs; and,
- international organisations.
To address this global challenge cooperation amongst actors from diverse sectors is required.
The GCSP reserves the right to modify the programme dates, location and fee at any time.
15% Early-Bird Discount if you apply before 24 January 2023. GCSP Alumni qualify for a 20% discount on the standard rate of 320 CHF.
Application Deadline: 22 March 2023